Women’s Golf Association
2019 Women’s Golf Association Officers
Deb Bene (314) 899-6032
Secretary / Treasurer :
Cheryl McGuire (281) 468-3508
Membership / Social :
Carla Ball (573) 317-9255
Stephanie Vorhees (573) 410-2535
Information Coordinator :
Marilyn Reilly (936) 827-7019
Welcome Lake Valley Ladies League Members
We would like to take this opportunity to introduce your new 2018-2019 Board members for the Lake Valley Women’s Golf Association.
- Deb Bene’, President
- Cheryl McGuire, Secretary and Treasurer
- Marilyn Reilly, Information Coordinator
- Carla Ball, Sharon Bevolo and Stephanie Voorhees, Social and Membership Committee members
- Linda West, 9 Hole Representative
- Donna Loghry, 18 Hole Representative
We have been working together to discuss and plan for the 2019 Ladies League. We have had great input and insights from many members regarding several opportunities to improve the play and accommodate your requests. Below are a couple of key upcoming changes for 2019:
- A motion was made and approved to change the start time for the month of April for the Ladies 18 Hole and 9 Hole League to begin play at 9 a.m. due to the cold weather. Additionally, the Ladies 9 Hole League will begin play at 8 a.m. during the months of July and August. Mick Jones is aware of our changes and is in agreement to change the times.
- A motion was made and approved to move the Ladies League Championship to August 21 and 22 instead of September 2019. Deb discussed the event schedules with the golf pro. He felt August would be best because September is so busy and several other club tournaments are already scheduled.
Additionally, we are excited about a few key 2019 dates that we would like to share with you:
- March 21, 2019 – Training session for new 2019 Golf rule changes; a cheat sheet will be included. Golf Genius App training.
- April 4th – First day of league play; distribute League information booklet
- May 2, 2019 – Spring Breakfast and Kickoff Meeting; 9 and 18 hole scramble, all par 3s
- May 15, 2019 – Putting Competition Social
- May 16, 2019 – Ladies 18 Hole Invitational (Member/Guest)
- June 6, 2019 – Osage National Ladies 9 and 18 hole scramble at Lake Valley
- June 2019 – Mystery Tour to be scheduled by golf pro
- August 2019 – Lake Valley Ladies 9 and 18 hole scramble at Osage National , (a MONDAY AFTERNOON)
- August 21st and 22nd, 2019 – Ladies 18 Hole and 9 Hole League Championship (League members must have participated in at least 5 league games for eligibility.)
- September 26, 2019 – Scramble for 9 and 18 hole, all par 3s; Fall Luncheon and Awards; Last League Day
As you can see, we have added two new events to our schedule for next year. The first is the “Cross League scramble with Osage National” in which they will come to our course. Then, we are invited to play on their course at their league cost for both the 9 and 18 hole members. Secondly, the Putting Competition social is back on May 15.
We will be planning only one Mystery Tour in 2019, due to the addition of other new activities.
Many of you are already aware of the USGA Rule changes coming for 2019. The golf pro will be providing a short training class for us to attend on March 21. However, if you would like a preview of the rule changes, following is a link to a short video that reviews the top 20 most important changes to the rules of golf that will take effect on January 1, 2019.
Additionally, here is a longer video published by the USGA on the new rules of golf for 2019:
As your new Board, we are looking forward to a new year in 2019 and our new weekly golf events. If you have any new ideas to share, please feel free to contact any of the board members.